Ever since I upgraded to Mavericks I’ve been having a problem with Lync 2011 crashing. It seems to happen most often when my macbook pro goes to sleep. However it will also happen during a lync call or a lync screen sharing. I’ve gone through the normal upgrade steps with no success. Recently I did a complete clean reinstall by doing the following steps:
1. Use the following technote from Microsoft to delete LYNC from your MAC
2. Deleting the OC__KeyContainer__<e-mail> in your key chain doesn’t actually delete the keychain file. You need to delete the physical remnants as well or else Lync will keep asking for the password when you complete your install. So delete the OC__KeyContainer__<e-mail> file found in the userid/Library/Keychains folder.
3. Download the latest version of Lync for MAC 2011 – Best way to do this is to search for it. I used the search terms. “Lync for MAC 2011 download” as my terms. Today it will take you to this file.
4. Install it and configure with all your info.
5. Last step is to allow Lync to trust the certificate. You’ll keep getting a warning to trust the certificate returned by the LYNC site. When you get this message make sure that you change the action to “trust this certificate”